(Senior) Product Analyst (f/m/d)Apply Job ID R0032180 Date posted 05/07/2019
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you are part of a team forging the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is flexible and fast paced like a start-up, yet we belong to the global eBay family investing in our people and long-term success. Our 100-people sized team includes all functions to understand, run and improve our business. With more than 30 million monthly visitors we are one of the most-visited sites in Germany and still growing at an amazing speed. Members of our team value entrepreneurial spirit, a “can-do” attitude and their mutual respect for each other’s talent and contribution.
You love to work with data as much as you love to work with people? You have a deep desire to understand our users and their behavior? You are excited to develop insights and recommendations that have a real impact? Then join us as (Senior)Product Analyst (f/m/d).
The Team at eBay Kleinanzeigen...
- We work collaboratively across the business units product development, commercial, sales, marketing and customer support to identify problems and solve them creatively.
- We use our huge treasure of quantitative and qualitative data about our users and how they use our platform to help understand their needs and behavior.
- We are part of a global community across all eBay entities and work closely with other teams in eBay’s classifieds group.
- We are phenomenal teammates that succeed, fail and learn together.
- As your main responsibility you work in a cross-functional team on "Trust & Messaging". This is one of eBay Kleinanzeigen’s strategic initiatives tasked with improving Trust & Reliability of our Platform and optimizing the messaging flow for our customers. You generate insights out of data and collaborate closely with your teammates to develop new ideas, objectively evaluate them (mostly with experiments) and recommend actionable next steps.
- Simultaneously you belong to a highly skilled and agile analytics team within eBay Kleinanzeigen and across different eBay Classifieds businesses around the world, sharing knowledge and developing shared standards around analysis, measurement and reporting.
- You will join a global network of analysts across different eBay Classifieds businesses sharing knowledge and developing shared standards around analysis, measurement and reporting of product analytics.
- You have 4+ years of experience in an analytical role.
- Ability to convert complex business questions into concrete requirements, relevant metrics and actionable insights to give clear recommendations
- You are able to slice big projects into smaller pieces and effectively communicate with a diverse set of people to achieve the right outcomes as quickly as possible
- You have a pragmatic approach and know when a topic requires 100% and when 20% is sufficient
- You have strong skills in data retrieval (e.g. SQL, R or Python) and a good grasp of statistics
- Your work is founded on strong business acumen and fueled by your motivation to drive our business forward for our customers
- You are fluent in English and ideally also in German
- An exceptional culture driven by remarkable teammates that are passionate about working together for our customers.
- An excellent working environment in a dynamic business with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility including home office possibilities
- Challenging work in an inclusive, extremely capable and fun-loving team
- International career and development opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft-skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC you name it
- An excellent campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, beach volleyball court, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service
- The green surroundings invites you to combine meetings with a walk around our lake or through the forest to get some fresh air
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: