Sales Manager -MotorsApply Job ID R0030262 Date posted 03/08/2019
Gumtree is part of the eBay Classified Group, the world leader in online classifieds, with 12 brands that span the globe.
Founded in London in 2000, Gumtree today is the UK’s leading classified site, with over 16m unique visitors every month and over 9.5m app downloads. The platform enables people to trade everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live!
Our mission is to help create a world where people share more and waste less. Our focus is on delivering a first class trading experience founded on the classified pillars of ‘Local, Free and Easy’.
Gumtree Motors: The Bigger Motors Marketplace
The Motors Group is one of our 4 classified verticals and due to our rapid growth we have already accelerated into the number two position in the market
Gumtree Motors has now collaborated with eBay motors.
Strengthening our position as number 2 in the motors listing market (9 million users per month for our 6,500 advertisers and nearly 0.5 million listings) we now provide dealers with a seamless way of advertising in two places at once. We continue to have ambitious plans for double digit annual growth, backed by significant investment and a robust strategic plan. You will be joining us at a very exciting time, a pivotal moment on our journey that opens up many new opportunities for us to capitalise on.
You will be responsible for leading and growing the one of the Gumtree Motors sales team, leading from the front to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. The core objective of your team will be to win new business and or retain and increase revenue from customers who are currently on one or both of our platforms. Working closely with the Head of Motor Sales, you will define the strategy for the team and create a comprehensive sales plan.
What we’re looking for
You will have several years’ management experience and a consistent track record of training, mentoring and coaching a team of sales professionals. We’re also looking for the following attributes:
- The ability to build rapport with customers and various stakeholders across the wider business becoming one of the “go to” people in our Motors division.
- A strong understanding of KPIs and sales metrics so that performance indicators can be utilised to further enhance the daily sales effort and continually improve performance of your team.
- A high level of emotional intelligence.
- The ability to identify sales opportunities and cross-sell/upsell these through effective questioning and solution orientated selling.
- Conduct on the job mentoring with your team, passing on your commercial skills and experience.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully leading the sales team
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
What we offer
In return for bringing your skills and experience to lead the team we will offer you the opportunity to grow and have the flexibility to put your own stamp on the role.
The position commands a very competitive salary and OTE, as well as an extraordinary pension scheme and additional benefits including a healthcare scheme. You’ll start with 25 days holiday and this will increase to 26 after 2 years’ service, then continue to increase every year from then until you reach 29 days.
You’ll also have the satisfaction of making a meaningful contribution to Gumtree’s further success and lead a newly formed team selling a significantly improved Motors proposition at one of the most well-known tech brands in the UK – the opportunities are endless.
We offer an exciting and meaningful role where you will have a phenomenal opportunity to influence your everyday life and work, and where you are part of an international company with colleagues all over the world.
Diversity and inclusion at eBay goes well beyond a moral necessity – it’s the foundation of our business model and absolutely critical to our ability to thrive in an increasingly competitive global landscape. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: