Analytics Manager, MLB/NCAA/Other SportsApply Job ID R0030836 Date posted 05/20/2019
Position: Analytics Manager, MLB/NCAA/Other Sports
Organization: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
In this role, you will partner with the General Manager of StubHub's MLB/NCAA/Other Sports businesses and various functional groups (marketing, product, ops, partnerships, & supply) to drive growth and optimize market share via analytically driven insights. A successful candidate will combine top notch technical and analytical skills with a deep understanding of StubHub's competitive landscape to provide data, analyses, reports, and dashboards which help drive tactical and strategic execution.
- Drive analytical insights across StubHub's MLB/NCAA/Other Sports businesses, evaluating and identifying key areas of opportunity and action across the company. Deliver the analysis as well as the development, rationalization, and socialization of business cases.
- Partner and align with cross-functional teams including marketing, product, customer service, partnerships, supply, and finance to define measurable objectives and work towards meeting those objectives through delivery of data-based insights.
- Develop reports and dashboards that provide visibility into KPIs, business performance and business trends.
- Develop models for forecasting business performance metrics & KPIs
- Execute deep-dive analyses to unpack business performance, identify actionable insights, and influence the decision-making by effectively communicating results to cross-functional groups
- A strong quantitative background with a proven track record in solving business problems through fact based and scientific analytics.
- Passion for sports/entertainment/ticketing business and technology, with previous experience within this space considered a strong plus.
- Excellent technical skills - including the ability to query databases (SQL, Hive etc.), leveraging R/Python to analyze complex data, and using Tableau (or other visualization tools) to deliver insights at scale
- Deep understanding of descriptive and inferential statistics
- Worked in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams, and are able to communicate technically intricate concepts/results in business terms
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
- StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
- At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: