PR & Corporate Affairs ManagerApply Job ID R0031389 Date posted 05/09/2019
PR & Corporate Affairs Manager
Looking to work with a passionate and entrepreneurial business, which happens to be a household name brand in Australia? Join Gumtree’s local marketplace team that is also part of a diverse global community under the eBay Classifieds Group present in 20+ countries around the globe. Gumtree’s purpose is to power people to create economic opportunity and to be Australia’s favourite local marketplace for all of life’s needs.
We are seeking a PR & Corporate Affairs Manager who is responsible for developing and executing internal and external communication to proactively and reactively manage Gumtree's brand reputation to our consumer, corporate and internal audiences.
About the team:
Gumtree Australia is a vibrant community marketplace and our role is to connect buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything. We have a dynamic and open company culture with the support of a global network of brands.
- Collaborative Leader: You are energized by an ambitious environment and create an environment that inspires others to bring their creative ideas forward
- Gumtree Enthusiast: Can empathize with our customers and partners and are solutions driven to drive the best experience
- Strategic Thinker: You have a game plan for the long-term success of your product including insights into how the product, industry and competition will evolve so you can continue to generate tremendous value to your customers.
- Strong Executor: Not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get things done maintaining quality and integrity.
- Strong communicator. Able to influence and communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Analytical. Have a level of data literacy and able to measure growth and performance
- Flexible. At-ease in our fast-paced, highly dynamic, work environment, and ready to adjust quickly as needed.
The PR & Corporate Affairs Manager is responsible for developing and executing internal and external communication to proactively and reactively manage Gumtree's brand reputation to our consumer, corporate and internal audiences. For reactive PR, this includes strategy, issue and crisis management and media monitoring. For proactive PR, we are looking for a PR professional who understands and has experience in strategy & corporate reputation management and understands how PR fits into the overall marketing strategy and the role it can play to amplify the brand.
The individual must be able to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on collective and collaborative teamwork.
The successful candidate will be someone who is on the forefront of the PR evolution, combining excellence in traditional PR with a deep understanding of today’s trends.
- Develop and implement strategic consumer and corporate communications plans and tactics that generate media coverage and business impact.
- Develop communications materials including press releases, briefing sheets, speaking abstracts, press kit materials, fact sheets, source, testimonials and case studies;
- End to end project management, including: writing insightful briefs, review / feedback and approval of proposals, meeting deadlines, time management, contingency planning, budgeting, project analysis and tracking;
- Communicate consistent messaging and storytelling to employees, building their awareness of the brand and helping them to evangelize the company’s products and technologies.
CORPORATE REPUTATION MANAGEMENT
- Develop effective issues management strategy and processes, which involve The Management Leadership Team, Legal Team, Public Relations and Government Relations to respond quickly and effectively to brand and corporate reputation threats. Ensure these fit into wider global crisis management processes;
- Proactively manage & continually monitor corporate reputation;
- Provide sound counsel to the Gumtree Leadership Team on issues management with a range of proactive and reactive strategies;
- Maintain constructive, consultative relations by overseeing community communications programs leading up to, during and following significant site changes;
- Maintain an ongoing level of preparedness by developing a program of media training, updating key messages and ensuring that emerging threats are identified and action is taken to mitigate them.
- Lead cross-company communications to ensure consistency of messages across the business
- Create and evolve strong relationships and partnerships with key external and internal stakeholder groups;
- Develop and implement effective media relations strategies to build and support Gumtree’s reputation whilst mitigating risk. Responsible for providing media relations support and strategic counsel across both consumer and corporate media.
- Work with cross functional range internal stakeholders both local and global.
- Build effective relationships with external stakeholders from agency partners to government bodies.
- Budget management, deliver all activity within the agreed budget;
- Raise PO’s for all campaign expenses within the agreed budget
- Ensure all invoices are received and processed in a timely manner
- Manage workflow across PR calendar to minimize peaks and troughs to deliver within specific times
- Work collaboratively with the wider marketing team to ensure consistent messaging
- Provide support to the Senior Marketing Manager in developing presentations as required.
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Monitor and report on projects effectiveness (Online & Offline) and provide recommendations for optimizations;
- Reporting of monthly communication activity;
- Complete power point presentations to communicate ongoing communication initiatives, including packs for CS briefings
- Display a genuine interest in the operations of Gumtree
- Be willing to go the extra mile in order to deliver outcomes
Selection criteria for success
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified – Marketing / PR/ Communications;
- 5+ years professional experience in an in-house or agency role;
- eCommerce experience preferred
- Energised by an entrepreneurial environment
- Not afraid to do things themselves to get things done.
- Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources.
- Self-reliant/proactive and has a pioneering spirit.
- Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
- Strong project management skills
- Proven experience in managing a project from strategy, idea generation, implementation and measurement;
- Experience with stakeholder engagement with key stakeholder groups including but not limited to: employees, consumers, communities, government officials and other individuals/entities of influence;
- Outstanding writing and presentation development skills
- Strong communication and influence skills
- Clear, concise, and persuasive in style.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to successfully influence multiple stakeholders, cross-functional teams and agencies.
- Ability to multitask and very organized
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Is customer focused
- Builds and manages relationships
- Personal accountability and motivation
- Business excellence
Gumtree values & competencies
Demonstrate Gumtree Values:
- We nurture and genuinely care
- We care about what happens to our customers and put them at the heart of our decision making
- We are courageous
- We show mutual respect
- We work smarter, not harder
- We are impactful, accountable and trust each other, even when the going gets tough!
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: